If you are thinking about choosing Miami, Florida as your next moving destination or you are still searching for additional reasons to do it, this quick relocation guide should come in handy. Miami is home to some out-of-this-world clubs, cruising, entertainment, and trading opportunities, as well as the gorgeous South Beach. Florida does not charge any state income taxes, which means moving to Miami might be a better idea than you might have originally thought. Miami, Florida counts little over 453,000 residents, making it the 44th most populous city in the country.
Let’s find out more interesting details about what it means to move to Miami, Florida and what is the cheapest and easiest way to do it.
Is It Affordable To Move To Miami, The Magic City?
Zero Income Taxes
First of all, consider the fact that the state of Florida does not have a state income tax, which means people’s power to purchase here should be up to 10% higher.
The Rental Market In Miami, Florida
Regarding the status of the rental market in the Magic City, you should know that Miami tenants pay slightly less than LA tenants, for example, and a lot less than the ones in New York. The average one-bedroom rental price is close to $1,800 a month here. Rents here have witnessed a 5.55% drop between 2017-2018, but they are still considerably higher compared to other areas.
- If you would like to move somewhere close to the water, you can expect to pay more for your rental apartment or house.
- The same goes for deciding to buy a place Downtown, in Coconut Grove, Bal Harbour, or Miami Beach, where the rent usually reaches at least $2,000 and goes as high as $3,000.
- If you are considering moving someplace further from the water to save some money, you should be able to find rents that run as low as $1,000 and sometimes less. This is true for areas like North Miami, Miami Lakes, or Little Havana.
- Plus, you should also be able to find rental apartments located 30 minutes from Miami Beach that could go as low as $500 per month.
Brush Up On Your Spanish
Around 6 out of 10 people in Miami are part of the Spanish-speaking population in the city, while 30% of the total population speaks Spanish exclusively. If you plan on hiring the best Florida movers for an upcoming relocation here, you might want to include brushing up your Spanish on your TO DO list as you might be hiring Spanish movers who cannot speak little to no English.
Great Weather All Year Long
If you would like to move to Miami for the great weather you can find here throughout the year, just keep in mind that there is also a hurricane season that runs here starting June and all the way through November. This means it is possible to run into a few storms if you plan to move to Miami, FL in the summer or during fall. You may want to talk through all the details as well as the best dates for your move with a professional Miami mover. Don’t have one yet? Get in touch with us and we will assist you with finding the most suitable Miami mover that can cater to all your needs.
How To Hire The Best Miami Mover
There are several things that you will need to take into account when deciding which specialized Miami moving company to hire for your upcoming relocation.
- Miami Beach uses a special parking permit program for freight or alley loading parking that you will need to comply with. The parking permits are sold by the City’s Service Center you can find on Meridian Avenue, Suite 100, between 8:30 AM and 6 PM Monday to Friday.
- Moving companies that offer their services in the Miami-Dade county area need to be officially registered with the county and they also need to offer their customers copies of the Tri-County Moving Consumer Bill of Rights and Disclosure Statement. Make sure you hire a licensed and trustworthy mover that fully complies with these requirements and will have no problem providing you with these copies. Also, keep in mind that written moving contracts are also mandatory for all types of local relocations here.
- However, interstate, intrastate, and long distance relocations are not regulated by the Miami-Dade county.
Hire The Best Miami Movers
Get in touch with us and allow us to provide you with additional information on how to move to Miami. We are going to provide you with all the necessary relocation details you will need to familiarize yourself with, along with several free price estimates for some top movers in Miami. This way, you should benefit from the most affordable relocation prices, save precious time, money and energy while making sure all your prized possessions will safely reach your new location. You could opt for full packing and unpacking services and allow experienced Miami movers to handle all your labelled boxes so you can worry about other post-moving details such as getting your voter registration, driver’s license and out-of-state registration for your car upon your arrival to Miami.