Everything You Need To Know About Moving To Boca Raton
If you are currently contemplating the thought of moving to Boca Raton, kudos! This means you are just a few decisions away from living into one of the most fabulous cities in the South Florida area. If you still need to figure out why you should move to Boca Raton and not a different city or state altogether, these next few lines should give you a good perspective of what living in Boca truly means.
Moving to Boca Raton means living right on the border of Palm Beach and Broward, two counties located about forty-five minutes from sunny Miami and just half an hour from beautiful West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. You could opt for a rental apartment in Central Boca, West, or East Boca and take your pick from a diverse array of housing opportunities. You could plan fun weekend getaways in Miami or go on gondola tours through the mesmerizing canals of Fort Lauderdale mid-week if your schedule allows you to. Not only does Boca Raton have superb beaches and cool eateries to keep you busy all day, but we guarantee you are going to love exploring the surroundings as well.
Boca Raton is also home to its very own local airport called Boca Raton Airport located in the city center. You can book private flights or fly your own jet from Boca Raton to the nearby Miami International Airport, Fort Lauderdale International Airport, or the Palm Beach International Airport. Whether you will want to fly for pleasure or as part of your business routine, you are going to enjoy the close proximity of the city to these important areas in South Florida.
Awesome Weather All Year Long
The nice, sunny, tropical weather you will find here throughout the year is one of the main reasons why many people choose to move to Boca Raton. The pleasant breeze will make the high temperatures bearable during hot summer days. Plus, most people quickly get used to the dash of humidity felt here starting May and all the way to December.
If you are all about warm weather and you want to live in a place where you can catch a nice tan all year long, Boca Raton is definitely worth looking into.
The Best Beaches In All South Florida
Ask the locals and many will agree that Boca has some of the best, if not the supreme beaches in the entire South Florida region. This is mostly due to the vision that the clever previous town leaders had many years ago in regards to keeping the beaches in pristine shape. Expect to come across two gorgeous miles of sandy, salted, isolated, and amazingly peaceful beaches protected by lifeguards. The beaches cater to the recreational needs of thousands of locals and visitors on a daily basis. No matter if you enjoy spending your time looking at the ocean, meditating, working on your tan, jogging, doing remote work on your laptop from a quiet place, or if you are all about sand dune, sea oat, and sea grape spot, you are going to love the beaches in Boca Raton.
If you are a dog owner or you plan to adopt a dog as part of your new life in Boca Raton, you are going to love going to the Bark Beach or the Mizner Bark Park. These are two dog-friendly areas where you will meet a lot of fellow dog lovers walking their lovely pets. Plus, Boca Raton is a dog-friendly place in general and you will notice a lot of dog walkers throughout the local communities here. Just remember to get your permit so you can take your dog to Mizner Bark Park or Bark Beach.
A Plethora Of Parks & Recreation Options
The city does not only host some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, but it also hosts amazing waterfront parks, areas where you can go on a picnic with the kids, play your favorite ball games on the dedicated ball fields, or engage in fun tennis sessions and other fun sports-related activities. Sugar Sand Park, Patch Reef Park, or the Spanish River Park are just a few of the most captivating parks you are going to love going to once the best Florida interstate movers will be done transferring all your boxes to your new address.
Speaking of sports, you should also know there are tons of excellent sports programs dedicated to the youth here, ranging from Boca Hoops Basketball, SABR Soccer, Lacrosse, or Boca Jets Football, to name a few.
Excellent Schooling Options
The city is also known for having the highest concentration of highly-praised and top-ranking public schooling institutions. We can mention Saint Andrew’s School, the French American International School of Boca Raton, Boca Prep International School, the Donna Klein Jewish Academy, A.d. Henderson University School & Fau High School, or the Waters Edge Elementary School. These are some of the most popular choices here, with plenty of other waiting to be discovered.
Boca Raton is also excellent for students looking to continue their higher education here at the Florida Atlantic University with their nursing program and medical school, Lynn or Everglades, or the Palm Beach State College.
Restaurants, Taxes, Lifestyle & Housing
- Boca Raton does not charge any income taxes. At the same time, filing for the Homestead Exemption will help you save even more on your property taxes, provided you plan on buying your own property here and turning it into your main home.
- The city is also drenched in top-class designer stores and boutiques for endless shopping sprees, plenty of outdoor and strip malls, and cool thrift stores, but no car dealerships (they are not allowed in the city, along with neon signs).
- The Boca Museum along with the numerous murals and galleries you can find in the dedicated arts districts in the Delray Beach area should nicely cater to the needs of art aficionados deciding to move in this city.
- Foodies still looking for Boca Raton moving tips should rejoice at the news that the city has plenty of eateries dedicated to traditional American foods, sushi fans, Cuban, Italian, Peruvian, or Greek food lovers, along with state-of-the-art restaurants for classy nights out.
- Housing prices in Boca Raton are pretty high. Whether you are interested in a gated or non-gated community in the city or around it, there is a little something for everyone here. You can take advantage of the private golf courses, clubhouses, pools and the rest of the cool amenities part of these communities or opt for brand new constructions instead.
If the information from this Boca Raton moving guide has convinced you that the city should become your new home, search for the affordable Boca Raton moving company and start working on your dream today!